Easy way to install e-Sword through wine

steven vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 9 03:42:28 UTC 2009

On Monday 08 June 2009 07:13:54 pm David Kuntadi wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 10:16 PM, steven
>
> vollom<stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> > When I clicked on "Click this link" I get a Security Warning first that
> > says: This untrusted page links to apt://wine.  Do you want to follow the
> > link?  I clicked on 'Follow'.  When I did, the next warning came on
> > screen saying: Error _ Konqueror, Protocol not supported apt.  I clicked
> > on 'OK' and the screen returned to the 'ckick this link' page.
> >
> > That is where I stopped.  I am not going to go past a block in the
> > procedure created by someone other than me.  I am not experimenting at
> > all.  I have accurately described every step so far including this
> > response.  I have duplicated my steps to make sure I did not forget
> > anything.
>
> Sorry to mislead you with the first step, I will edit it. The first
> code is internet address, copy and paste to address in your internet
> browser:
>
> http://www.winehq.org/site/download
>
> Or you could go directly to this page as you are using ubuntu:
>
> http://www.winehq.org/download/deb
>

> This is just to install wine only. Please let me know if you need
> further instruction.
>
> DK
Dear DK.  I get so much help from the list, I am always working over my head.
It has taken forever for some of this stuff to sink in.  When I saw the box
with 'Code:' written on the top, and something that did not make sense, it
immediately made me try some pretty foolish things.

After going out side and talking to a neighbor, when I came back in, it all
was very clear.  I completed everything up to having the script showing in
Kate, and executable checked.

I drew a blank at that point, but assume it is something as simple as
downloading e-Sword and clicking on the .exe.  If that is the case, I am, for
all intent and purposes all but up and operational.

Actually it is a great piece of work.  When I understood, it worked very fast.
I doubt that I could improve on your explanation, but if I think about it, I
may make some suggestions to make it easier to get through to a neophyte like
me.  If that would offend you.  In any event, thanks for the great solution.
It is one of the most important helps that is on the Internet, IMHO.

Steven