Easy way to install e-Sword through wine

steven vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 8 20:30:40 UTC 2009

On Monday 08 June 2009 03:33:52 pm Eberhard Roloff wrote:
> Willy K. Hamra wrote:
> > where in all the pae do you see the instruction
> > apt-get install 08666851
> > ??????
>
> Exactly!
> Steven, just once again, a very friendly reminder from a real friend:
> This is Linux, You will need to READ, READ, READ and continue to
> READ....until you understand. Then and ONLY THEN start doing.
>
> Copy/paste will not work, if you do not know what you do.
>
> Should you not be a forum member you will not be able to download the
> script that David made.
>
> Exactly this happened to me and David was so very helpful to mail the
> script to me by PM. Thanks again, David!
>
> So, steven, should you need the script and face the same problem, I will
> be happy to mail it to your PM.
>
> Kind regards
> Eberhard

Dear Eberhard,

I stepped away from the computer and had a conversation with a neighbor.  When
I came back to the computer, I could see what I was missing before.  I got to
the point of confidence and went ahead and continued the instruction.  Wine is
now installed, and I am comfortable that it is installed properly version
1.0.1, the stable version, not the Beta.  I went back to his instruction and
continued.  After installing the Installer, I Extracted  and his script was in
Kate.  I checked the box making it executable and noticed that ownership was
steven steven, which was encouraging, but now I am unsure of what to do next.

Do I download e-Sword now?  When it is downloaded, do I just click on the .exe
and does the installer take over?  Then, are the missing dll's installed
already so that I don't have to do that?  Is there a source for the bbl files,
or do I just use my CD?  Should I add font smoothing?  Thanks for any reply.

Steven