superuser privelege problems.

Eberhard Roloff tuxebi at gmx.de
Mon Jun 8 05:54:36 UTC 2009

steven vollom wrote:

>> in case you get more errors, just paste them here.
>
> W: Failed to fetch cdrom://Kubuntu 9.04 _Jaunty Jackalope_ - Release i386
> (20090420.1)/dists/jaunty/main/binary-i386/Packages  Please use apt-cdrom to
> make this CD-ROM recognized by APT. apt-get update cannot be used to add new
> CD-ROMs
>
> W: Failed to fetch cdrom://Kubuntu 9.04 _Jaunty Jackalope_ - Release i386
> (20090420.1)/dists/jaunty/restricted/binary-i386/Packages  Please use apt-
> cdrom to make this CD-ROM recognized by APT. apt-get update cannot be used to
> add new CD-ROMs

Steven,

thanks for posting. This means what it says:
-You have your Jaunty CD configured as a package source for installing
software
-The Jaunty CD is not in the drive.

No need to worry here

I tried to get through the wine installation
> without bothering the list.  I went to every post that related to
> installation.

ok. Actually the "latest wine" installation is very simple. Just read
this carefully and follow it in regard to Jaunty:

http://www.winehq.org/download/deb

> Believe it or not, this old box has /home, /home/backup, /home/svprivate and
> '/' for its mount points.  That is a first, ever.  Thanks once again.

Great! So things are improving, aren't they?

Kind regards
Eberhard