superuser privelege problems.

Eberhard Roloff tuxebi at gmx.de
Sun Jun 7 21:18:06 UTC 2009

Willy K. Hamra wrote:

> as for the above, are meaningless, not sure what is intended here, or
> why did you add them, i want to see your complete sources.list.
> secondly, sources.list.d and apt.conf.d are perfectly normal to be
> there, don't edit them, don't do anything with them
> thirdly, we had a very long discussion steven about sudo and kdesudo
> only few days ago. sudo is for console application, you can't use in
> alt+f2!!! it needs a console to ask for the password. you use kdesudo.

Steven,
this mess comes from NOT reading and understanding what you have red on
the wine ubuntu download pages.

To rectify:

open konsole
type:
kdesudo kate /etc/apt/sources.list

Then COMPLETELY delete line 55

Then save the file and close kate

Then on the konsole command line, type:

sudo apt-get update
in case this runs ok,
type next:
sudo apt-get upgrade

in case you get more errors, just paste them here.

I hope this helps to solve the problem and
to make you aware that reading is not understanding, it is just the
first step to understanding.

You will need to read at least three times to get a rough understanding
of a complex linux page. At least this is what the rute tutorial claims
to be necessairy.

Personally, I freely admit that three times of reading are not
sufficient for myself, most of the time.

Kind regards
Eberhard