OT on :Re: kinit: no resume image, doing normal boot "urgent please" using live CD and need my compuer back.

Donn donn.ingle at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 15:26:30 UTC 2009

On Saturday, 06 June 2009 17:14:24 stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net wrote:
> Among the options that were provided by the computer, I chose and executed
> 'Repair broken packages'.  Next I chose and executed 'fsck'.  I was stopped
> at a certain point in the process, where there was a warning that if I
> continued, I could do damage to the partitions.
fsck is "File System Check". It seems something went wrong with your hard
drive. I am not sure what damage fsck might do, but I have run it often in the
past. I think it's worth letting it check and repair your drive. If you have
data on that drive that you cannot risk, then you may have to take other
measures -- but if you can replace the data, then fsck the drive. I think you
will be okay.

Any other voices on the subject?
\d
--