No sound.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 1 08:17:13 UTC 2009

Sound worked before re-installation.  I installed Jaunty KDE on my old box.
Intel Pent IV 2.3 mhz.  The sound card is Audegy II.  512mb DDR.

The little speaker that normally shows on the panel is not there, so I cannot
check to see if it is muted.  Kmix is not included in the Kmenu, but it is
installed.  I can get confirmation by pressing Alt=f2.  There isn't a gui panel
with adjustments and indicators of whether muted or not.

System Settings indicates that the Audigy II card is not working, but I am
inclined to suspect a Kmix mute.  How can I get the speaker icon on the panel
with mix adjustments back?  Thanks!

Steven