no sound after?

Perry pwhite at bluewin.ch
Mon Jul 27 18:49:28 UTC 2009

Le Monday 27 July 2009 18:33:34 Goh Lip, vous avez écrit :
> Perry wrote:
> >> I take it you have video in youtube at firefox but no sound;
> > yes
> >> Do you have the Kmix icon at the system tray?
> > Yes, kmix is not the issue and volume is up.
> Just to be sure.....
> PCM volume bar is up also, not just MASTER volume bar alone.
Yes,
I have already mentionned in this thread that in kmix, on top of the PCM
slider I don't have the green button, only the blue sound wave, even when I
select the master channel as PCM (perhaps it needs a reset or reboot?)

*And guess what*  my sound *also stopped in jaunty*, with a message on bottom
of the screen like: Nvidia does not work, revert to pulseauto?
*I solved that* by going in the system parameters, on the loudspeaker icon,
and it showed the options of HDA Nvidia and pulseauto...I checked Nvidia and
it worked again.
I went to the other side (Hardy) to see if my new experience could be
transposed, but the interface is totally different and does not have any of
those options.

Greetings		Perry

--
BOFH excuse #105: UPS interrupted the server's power