Odd "logout" behaviour in KDE4 (Jaunty)

Alvin info at alvin.be
Sat Jul 25 09:38:56 UTC 2009

On Saturday 25 July 2009 10:50:57 Thomas Olsen wrote:
> On Saturday 25 July 2009 10:27:14 Alvin wrote:
> > >
> > > Try Ctrl + Alt + F1 --> that gives you a console login. No need for ssh
> > > as far
> > > as I can tell!
> > >
> > > \d
> >
> > I try that every time. I can probably change tty, but I don't see them.
> > Screen stays blank.
>
> Is it a laptop? On every laptop I have had, I had to press F1 twice to get
> to the tty1 console.

Well.... it doesn't look like a laptop (more like a lunchbox). It is laptop
hardware, but without the built-in monitor and battery.

Don't understand me wrong. I can switch tty's! Only not after logging out of
KDE. After that, I get a blank screen and all input can no longer be seen.
I'm pretty sure these problems will be sorted out in Karmic.
--> Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics
Controller (rev 03)
I was hit pretty hard by the Intel performance issues after the upgrade to
Jaunty.