Ian Douglas Miller iandouglas96 at
Thu Jul 23 22:12:23 BST 2009

Nautilus is the Gnome file browser.  Like Dolphin.  Go to syntapic, and see
if you have KDE.  (kubuntu-desktop).  If you don't have that, uninstalling
gnome (ubuntu-desktop) will leave you with just a terminal (I think).  If
KDE IS there, uninstalling gnome will make KDE work.  Unistalling nautilus
will not help.

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 3:46 PM, Steven Vollom
<stevenvollom at>wrote:

> Does anyone know anything about Nautilus?  I was looking through the hidden
> files to try to see if I could recognize an application name that might be
> the
> one I installed that produced the gnome desktop.  There isn't much in the
> folder, but that sounds like the application I installed.
> What would happen if I removed gnome?
> Steven

Ian D. Miller