Odd "logout" behaviour in KDE4 (Jaunty)

David McGlone david at dmcentral.net
Fri Jul 24 12:47:02 UTC 2009

On Thursday 23 July 2009 02:21:15 pm Donn wrote:
> On Thursday, 23 July 2009 18:48:56 Derek Broughton wrote:
> > "Logout" first - and find it NEVER takes me to a login prompt.
> > Instead it logs me out, then shuts down.
>
> Logout on my system closed KDE (eventually) and then leaves a black X
> screen (I think) and that's all. Shutdown has a probable chance of doing
> so. It's not 50/50 and it's not 90% either. I stick to shutdown -h now
> these days...

Yesterday I installed 9.04 on a friends computer for her and I noticed the
system would go to a black screen and hang with the cursor still on the screen
when I tried to shutdown without logging out.

I didn't say anything, and I'm quietly praying that it was only a 1 time deal.
In the meantime I am looking for a solution in case the issue does come up.

--
Blessings,
David M.