gnome

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Thu Jul 23 18:51:08 UTC 2009

Gene Heskett wrote:

>>> If 'switchdesk' is installed, a simple 'switchdesk kde' and an x restart
>>> should put you back to where you were. You may have to find and install
>>> switchdesk in the package managers listings.
>
> That has been the std method of switching back and forth since there was a
> choice of desktops.

I don't think so...

> Unforch I haven't used synaptic in quite a while, my only
> kubuntu install is 6.06 LTS, runs my milling machine.  But I suspect that
> one of the repositories has not been enabled.

No.  There is no such toy in Ubuntu.  There is a package named "desktop-
switcher", but it doesn't look like it supports gnome and kde, it says: "it
currently supports switching between Ubuntu Netbook Remix mode and "Classic
Ubuntu" (two panels, gnome-like) mode."

That sounds like merely a way to change the appearance of gnome itself.
--
derek