Upgrade to kde 4.3 rc2

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 21 03:33:02 UTC 2009

I have just upgraded to kde 4.3 rc2.  I can't get to a complete open of the
OS, due to an error caused by the plasma workspace. A signal 11 (SIGSEGV).

Allthough I have dbg installed, it failed on this problem, so I did not send
the bug.  There were no details to report.

In the past, I remember having options at boot that I could use a Repair
feature or Safe Mode to boot to.  It doesn't seem to be available to me now.
I was not given any choices other than boot sequence to choose from.

My os is jaunty kde 4.3 rc 2.  The computer is 64bit with 4gb of ram  DDR2
installed.  The onboard GPU is an 8400Gforce with 256mb share memory.  The
Video card is a 9600 Gforce w/ 512mb ddr3 memory.  The HDD's are SATA's.

I used the konsole and entered the command sudo dpkg-reconfigure -all, just
moments ago.  I used all default entries, because I have never used this
command before and was unsure of any other selections to choose.

I am writing from the Live CD, and am sending this post perhaps prematurely,
due to the fact that when I re-boot, if it doesn't work, I will have to boot
to the live CD once more to get you back.  TIA,

Steven