Konqueror

David McGlone david at dmcentral.net
Mon Jul 20 14:03:37 UTC 2009

On Monday 20 July 2009 08:22:59 am Derek Broughton wrote:
> David McGlone wrote:
> > On Sunday 19 July 2009 03:25:30 pm Tony Sivori wrote:
> >> Turn off all Java, JavaScript, animations and plugins in Konqueror. The
> >> web will be a much nicer place for it.
> >>
> >> Then install and use Firefox for any must have sites that you may
> >> frequent that will not function without Java, JS, Flash, etc.
> >>
> >> The above method works very well for me. I do 95% of my browsing with
> >> Konqueror, and use Firefox only when necessary. You never even have to
> >> copy and paste a URL, because installing Firefox adds a "Open with
> >> Firefox Web Browser" to the Konqueror Location menu. So with two clicks
> >> in Konqueror you can open any page in Firefox.
> >
> > No offense, but this is ridiculous.
>
> Really, it's not.  Extreme, perhaps, but not ridiculous.
>
> > It's both inconvenient and annoying to
> > try and figure out which browser to use for which sites.
>
> You don't.  You browse everything in Konqueror, and if something doesn't
> work, right click on the page and tell it to "Open with Firefox".  I do
> this all the time.  otoh, I would never dream of turning off javascript.
> One might as well run a copy of Navigator 3 or IE 4.  I'd be happy if I
> really could view the web without Flash, but viewing the web without
> javascript is ignoring most of the strength of the web.

True, my point was, why not use a browser that works just fine and eliminate
the hassle of even opening another browser window when things don't work.

Try telling someone your trying to convince to switch to linux that in
konqueror, often sites do not work right, so you need to right click and open
the site in a completely different browser.

They would probably look at you and say or think "Ah forget this I'll just
stick to windows"

--
Blessings,
David M.