Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 20 01:03:57 UTC 2009

On Sunday 19 July 2009 03:41:22 pm Willy Hamra wrote:
> 2009/7/19 Tony Sivori <TonySivori at yahoo.com>:
> > Steven Vollom wrote:
> >> I have a bug in my computer related to JavaScript.
> >
> > This doesn't directly address your question, but you might consider
> > trying it anyway.
> >
> > Turn off all Java, JavaScript, animations and plugins in Konqueror. The
> > web will be a much nicer place for it.
> >
> > Then install and use Firefox for any must have sites that you may
> > frequent that will not function without Java, JS, Flash, etc.
> >
> > The above method works very well for me. I do 95% of my browsing with
> > Konqueror, and use Firefox only when necessary. You never even have to
> > copy and paste a URL, because installing Firefox adds a "Open with
> > Firefox Web Browser" to the Konqueror Location menu. So with two clicks
> > in Konqueror you can open any page in Firefox.
> good thinking. that is actually a very nice way of browsing easily and
> comfortably with konqueror, without worrying about the annoyance of
> what to do with sites requiring javascript. i'm in a javascript-only
> website almost all the day, where i spend my time. but the rest of the
> browsing time? no scripts no gibberish no nothing, in which konqi can
> be fantastic.
> but i must say, konqi has grown a bit more heavy on the system than it
> was before. opening 7~8 tabs of different websites can slow down the
> computer while it didn't (and i'm not talking about KDE3, but earlier
> konqi in previous releases of KDE4), but still, better than FF.
> the chrome deb package for linux that started getting released last
> month in chromium's website is also becoming a better and better
> browser, even in dev state, it's faster than konq and FF.
> just my 2 cents.
> --
> Willy K. Hamra
> Manager of Hamra Information Systems

I am not sure I understand.  I am using the same sites as I used to.  They 
apparently had javascript before and worked fine.  Additionally, I created a 
new user on this computer and tested Konqueror there.  It does not get 
javascript errors when I surf.  I don't know what the problem is yet, but it 
is not something that has always been that way.

I have used Konqueror for, I think, a couple of years now exclusively and have 
never before run into this problem.


More information about the kubuntu-users mailing list