Konqueror

Willy Hamra w.hamra1987 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 19:41:22 UTC 2009

2009/7/19 Tony Sivori <TonySivori at yahoo.com>:
> Steven Vollom wrote:
>
>> I have a bug in my computer related to JavaScript.
>
> This doesn't directly address your question, but you might consider trying
> it anyway.
>
> Turn off all Java, JavaScript, animations and plugins in Konqueror. The
> web will be a much nicer place for it.
>
> Then install and use Firefox for any must have sites that you may frequent
> that will not function without Java, JS, Flash, etc.
>
> The above method works very well for me. I do 95% of my browsing with
> Konqueror, and use Firefox only when necessary. You never even have to
> copy and paste a URL, because installing Firefox adds a "Open with Firefox
> Web Browser" to the Konqueror Location menu. So with two clicks in
> Konqueror you can open any page in Firefox.

good thinking. that is actually a very nice way of browsing easily and
comfortably with konqueror, without worrying about the annoyance of
what to do with sites requiring javascript. i'm in a javascript-only
website almost all the day, where i spend my time. but the rest of the
browsing time? no scripts no gibberish no nothing, in which konqi can
be fantastic.
but i must say, konqi has grown a bit more heavy on the system than it
was before. opening 7~8 tabs of different websites can slow down the
computer while it didn't (and i'm not talking about KDE3, but earlier
konqi in previous releases of KDE4), but still, better than FF.
the chrome deb package for linux that started getting released last
month in chromium's website is also becoming a better and better
browser, even in dev state, it's faster than konq and FF.
just my 2 cents.

--
Willy K. Hamra
Manager of Hamra Information Systems