Best netbook for Kubuntu?

Nigel Ridley nigel at prayingforisrael.net
Thu Jul 16 01:35:44 UTC 2009

Richard S. Crawford wrote:
> I'm shopping around for a new mini laptop or netbook for writing. I'm
> looking at the Dell mini with Ubuntu (I figure it shouldn't be too
> hard to install Kubuntu on it) but I want to make the best purchase
> possible.

If you can wait until the fall - or perhaps towards Christmas - there will be a whole new
generation of netbooks running on ARM processors. They have the advantage of thinner, lighter,
cooler, longer battery life (between 8-15 hours) and will be sold running Linux (and other
non-Microsoft OS's).

Forgot to say that ARM has a special working relationship with Ubuntu.

Do a Google search ......

Blessings,

Nigel

--