Best netbook for Kubuntu?

Bruce Marshall bmarsh at bmarsh.com
Wed Jul 15 20:19:00 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 15 July 2009, Billie Erin Walsh wrote:
> I've got an Asus EeePC 900A and love it. I had an EeePC 4gig but traded
> "up". Not running Kubuntu but Eeebuntu. The choice was because it's a
> specially optimized version of Ubuntu just for the E. No fiddling or
> anything. Everything  just works "right-out-of-the-box".

I have the Asus EeePC  904HA   and like it.   I have both XP and Eeebuntu on
it and it runs both very well.

Three recommendations:

1) Buy the version with Windows XP on it...  You get a lot more hardware for
the money.  Don't have the figures in front of me but I think its 160GB of HD
versus  about 40GB  for the same money.

2) Look at the extra RAM you can buy for it.  Pretty cheap.

3) Consider buying the 10 inch screen rather than the 9.x inch.  (I didn't and
wish I had)  The cost difference is $60.  The case it comes in is the same
size so they just make the screen bigger within the screen shell.