Active X

"Terrell Prudé Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Tue Jul 14 17:14:54 BST 2009

O. Sinclair wrote:
> Roloff wrote:
>> O. Sinclair schrieb:
>>
>>> I use it myself occasionally when some pay-for-internet site is
>>> created by some brainless git so that it does not work outside IE.
>>>

>> And this exactly is the reason why this brainless git can continue to
>> do his brainless work.
>>
>> They will want to have happy customers.
>>
>> So, just let them know that you would like to buy from them, but you
>> can't, since you are using Linux.
>>
>> Then go and buy elsewhere, if they do not agree with you.
>> And do not forget to let them know.
>>
> Sort of difficult when you sit at an airport and want to hook up to
> internet but I get your point

No, it's not difficult.  Hooking up to the Internet simply requires a
TCP/IP stack (installed by default).  It does not require CraptiveX in
any way, shape, or form.  If a Web site does require CraptiveX, then
that's one Web site that I simply don't visit again.

--TP
Do you GNU <http://www.gnu.org>?
Microsoft Free since 2003 <http://www.cmosnetworks.com>--the ultimate
antivirus protection!