Print server for dual environment

Bruce Marshall bmarsh at bmarsh.com
Sun Jul 12 22:52:25 UTC 2009

On Sunday 12 July 2009, Kevin B. O'Brien wrote:
> > I suspect it will work just fine.... given the right setup.
>
> It is a TrendNet TE100-MP1U. I know it uses Internet Protocol. Are there
> other protocols I ought to be looking for?

No.....    so what did you do to set it up?   Can you dig in the manuals to
see if there are settings that they tell you about?

You are looking for   port numbers and how the IP address gets assigned

An example is the Netgear server I use for Windows and Linux.   It uses ports
4010  and 4020 (it supports two printers)   and I have assigned it a static IP
address.

I then tell CUPS about this printer (in linux) and it just works.