Print server for dual environment

Kevin B. O'Brien nadreck at palain.com
Sun Jul 12 22:31:53 UTC 2009

Bruce Marshall wrote:
> On Sunday 12 July 2009, Kevin B. O'Brien wrote:
> > I have a mixed environment of Kubuntu and Windows, and want to able to
> > use one printer for all my computers. I have an HP LaserJet 1020 that
> > works fine when directly connected to any of my computers. I bought a
> > TrendNet Print Server, which only has software for Windows, of course.
> > When I try to print to the server, all I get is a Broken Pipe error
> > message. It occurs to me that maybe this just isn't the server I ought
> > to be trying. Does anyone have better candidate?
> >
> > Thank you,
>

> Does this print server use standard network protocols? Might help to
> mention brand name and model.
>

> I suspect it will work just fine.... given the right setup.

It is a TrendNet TE100-MP1U. I know it uses Internet Protocol. Are there
other protocols I ought to be looking for?

Thank you,

--
Kevin B. O'Brien         TANSTAAFL
nadreck at palain.com      Linux User #333216

"A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who has never
learned to walk." -- Franklin D. Roosevelt