Adequate terminal alternatives for update manager.

Errol Sapir errol at tzora.co.il
Fri Jul 10 04:23:21 UTC 2009

Hi Bas
I had a problem with what I called a "hanging update" (see thread on the
Kubuntu forum). In short what happened was that when doing an update on
one of my computers the update would not complete and ended with the line

99% [1 packages bzip2 0].
Sometimes  there were more packages noted.
What I did in the end, after reading somewhere about the solution was type
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
I posted the solution on the Kubuntu forum.
Errol

It was solved