kdesudo

steven vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 10 00:58:34 UTC 2009

On Thursday 09 July 2009 03:30:49 pm Frans Ketelaars wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Jul 2009 13:32:06 -0400, steven vollom wrote:
> > On Thursday 09 July 2009 12:15:37 am Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > I wait for quite a while in case there is a lot happening in the
> > background, but eventually I just open a new shell and type in sudo
> > apt-get install <package>.  When sudo gets to the selfsame point, it
> > gives you the (y/n) option; I select 'y' and the installation continues.
>
> If you haven't seen this yet:
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/kubuntu-users/2009-July/044831.html
>
> > I am missing something pretty basic again, am I not, Lindsay.  Sorry to
> > be such a burden.
>
> Welcome back, Steven, and don't forget to see a doctor :)
>
>     -Frans
I guess what confuses me the most is that they both take place in the shell.
Aptitude also confuses me.  I will get it, it will just take time.  I have
heard that kdesudo is for gui applications and sudo for command line, but I am
not sure I got that right.  So, after a lot of chastisement, I start with
kdesudo and work my way up to gedit or sudo or aptitude.  I just try them
until one of them works, and try to make a mental note of which works for
what.  Hah!  It is not easy being me.

Steven