medibuntu

Alan Dacey GrokIt at ajinfosearch.com
Thu Jan 29 23:05:04 UTC 2009

Pastor JW wrote:
> On Thursday 29 January 2009 8:20:04 am Jerry Gaiser wrote:
>> On Thursday 29 January 2009 08:08, Pastor JW wrote:
>>> Anyone have any idea what happened to the medibuntu repositories for
>>> hardy? I don't find anything at their address at all using
>>> http://www.medibuntu.org Is this the wrong address now?  Seemed to have
>>> quit a couple days ago according to my Update Manager.
>> Works fine out here in Oregon
>
> All right, it must be my ISP's DNS servers then.  none of my browsers will go
> there.  they all come back with "Unknown host www.medibuntu.org"'  I'm
> located not so far from Oregon, about 6 miles!  I live in Walla Walla.  I
> went checking cause my Update Manager came back saying, "last updated 43
> hours ago" yet there was few updates this morning anyway.  I found it to be
> the medibuntu one which was not updating so was trying to find out why.
> Thanks for the info.

Replace the "www" with "packages" - it's http://packages.medibuntu.org
I just went into the hardy packages from firefox in New Jersey.

Alan

--
"The second most satisfying thing in life is to totally understand a complicated
concept.  If you are very lucky you may attain *the* most satisfying thing in