9.04: is KDE 4.2 ever making it to 8.10?

Alan Dacey GrokIt at ajinfosearch.com
Sun Jan 25 21:59:43 UTC 2009

Willy K. Hamra wrote:
> Alan Dacey wrote:
>> Art Alexion wrote:
>>> With more people testing pre-release versions of 9.04, I am wondering
>>> if 4.2 will ever make it to the 8.10 repositories.
>>>
>>> 4.2 was earlier projected to hit Intrepid in December.
>>>
>> 4.2 is being released on the 27th.  I'm not sure when it will hit the
>> repositories though.
>>
>> http://www.kde.org/
>>
>> Alan
>>

> i am using KDE 4.2 on Intrepid :P but using a PPA, as explained in
> kubuntu's news pages

True, but the ppa versions are really beta.  I'm using them too in a separate
partition and they rock!  This is what KDE 4.0 should have been -sweet, pretty,
robust and It Just Works.

Alan

--
"The second most satisfying thing in life is to totally understand a complicated
concept.  If you are very lucky you may attain *the* most satisfying thing in