Asus EEEpc 1000

Tycho Andersen tycho at tycho.ws
Sat Jan 24 17:07:40 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 12:32 PM, Jim <mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Does anyone have the latest version of Kubuntu install on a Asus EEEpc
> 1000, I'm mainly concerned about the
> Ralink RT2970 Wireless card.
> Does the Wireless have a driver for it ?

Jim:

I've had Easy Peasy (formerly Ubuntu-EEE) running on my EEE1000 since
August, and it works like a dream. You can get it here:
http://www.geteasypeasy.com/

Sadly, though, this is a Gnome based desktop. It is also stuck in the
land of 8.04. However, there's a guy who compiles a kernel
specifically for the EEE, you might be able to use his kernel packages
(which would have the wireless drivers and other optimizations) with
Kubuntu. I haven't tried it, but in theory it works ;-)

Tycho