Epson and HP Scanner

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 07:11:54 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-01-16 at 13:13 -0500, Mark Halegua wrote:
> Can anyone on the list tell me which scanners from Epson and HP they've used
> on Ubuntu/Kubuntu?
>
> I'm looking for an inexpensive scanner priced up to $150 with a good
> resolution.
>
> I've looked at the SANE pages and other places, but most of the info seems
> old, so any help here is appreciated.

My Hp combo printer does it all, it scans, it prints, it copies, it
slices and dices. One thing though that would have me look at Kodak is
the blooming price per page of ink. HP is crazy, IMHO. I'm not getting
many pages at all before the cartridge runs dry. I would swear that I'm
getting those first time free start cartridges, as they last no time.
I'm royally jerked with HP over this. Funny thing is that complaints go
to the people who pack the ink and not to HP in the US headquarters. Fox
guarding the hen house.

I've checked the Kodak site and they do have some linux routines for
dnload. One claims to set true color on your monitor. Nifty. I'm
spending far more money for ink than I did for the printer which I
purchased a little more than a year ago. So, I'll look at Kodak next
time, unless I hear something different. Ric

Linux user# 44256
https://nuoar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 434-774-4987