How do I unite cd1 to cd2? Is Kino the tool?

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu
Fri Jan 16 16:51:22 UTC 2009

Steven Vollom wrote:
> On Friday 16 January 2009 8:41:14 am Joel Oliver wrote:
>> avimerge -o outputfile.avi -i inputfile1.avi inputfile2.avi
>> inputfile3.avi etc.
>
> Would it be something like this:
>
> avimerge -o "O Jerusalem.avi" -i "O Jerusalem I.avi""O Jerusalem II.avi" >
> inputfile3.avi etc.

No.  DO NOT use cat, or the redirection operator (>) for this.  It /will
not work/.  You have received a lot of confusing and inaccurate advice
on this.

It would be:

cd /media/sda7/
avimerge -o O_Jerusalem.avi -i "O Jerusalem I" "O Jerusalem II"

The underscore relieves us of the need to quote.  The two input files do
not have avi extension.  Also note the spacing is important.  Do not
change any spaces.

Matt Flaschen