How do I unite cd1 to cd2? Is Kino the tool?

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 16 12:13:09 UTC 2009

> What are you trying to do here?
Dotan, I am getting help from several people.  I do the recommendation of each
post as it arrives.  Is that bad procedure?  Just before I read this email, I
attempted a process that involved downloading and installing a package called
transcode.  After installing the package I entered and got the following
result:

steven at Studio25:~$ avimerge -o "/media/sda7/Jerusalem.avi" -i "/media/sda7/O
Jerusalem I""/media/sda7/O Jerusalem II"
scanning file /media/sda7/O Jerusalem I/media/sda7/O Jerusalem II for
video/audi                                               o parameter
AVI open: avilib - Error opening AVI file
REASON: Not a directory
steven at Studio25:~$ avimerge -o "/media/sda7/Jerusalem.avi" -i "/media/sda7/O
Jer
scanning file /media/sda7/O Jerusalem I/media/sda7/O Jerusalem II for
video/audi
AVI open: avilib - Error opening AVI file
REASON: Not a directory
steven at Studio25:~$

Shoot, Dotan, you know my limitations.  I have to trust you guys and make the
steps as advised.  I don't know what happened to the command.  It doesn't
look like what I typed into the terminal.

>Then just cat them together, using quotes around the filenames because of the
>spaces. I posted the correct command earlier.

I have attempted so many commands that I am confused now.  I don't remember
the correct post you mention, however, I have cut and pasted (to keep from
making an error) everything I have tried, and nothing has had a positive
result so far.  Additionally, I don't understand the term 'cat them
together'.  I will google that term when I finish reading the posts.

Thanks for your patience.

Steven