Can't Install Kubuntu 8.10 Properly - HELP!!

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 21:06:47 UTC 2009

Graham Todd said the following at 01/12/2009 01:31 PM :
> On Thu, 08 Jan 2009 14:43:28 -0700
> "D. R. Evans" <doc.evans at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> So it sounds like what you are saying is that the install goes OK,
>> but then when you try to boot, you can't see anything.
>
> Precisely
>
>> What happens if you go to the console? Can you log in that way?
>
> I haven't tried a console log in from the live disk, because I assumed
> that would produce a console log in if I installed it that way.
> However, I will try and let you know.

I don't understand what you mean when you talk about using the live disk to
log in. What I was trying to suggest is: when you try to boot (following
the install), when you get to the point where you expect to see the login
screen but can't, try logging in on the console at that point.

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR