Is "Content Link" something any of you recognizes?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Jan 5 11:45:23 UTC 2009

On Monday 05 January 2009, Steven Vollom wrote:
>I have popups coming on my screen for the first time.  They interrupt
>the thing I am doing.  It takes several clicks to get them off and they
>return fast.  I have only noticed them when using Firefox, which I
>continue to use from time to time for certain things.  Certain uses are
>much faster in firefox, but I hate unwanted interruption and will remove
>it from my machine if I can't get rid of the popups.  The only one that
>has a Titlebar reference is "Content Link".  Thanks!
>
>Steven

 Check the tools pulldown, extensions submenu,  I have (among others)
AdBlock-1.0, and no-script installed.  no-script can be a pita at times cuz
it can stop everything, but it tells you too when it does.  There are several
extensions, but those are the main ones.  Tools->add-ons will bring up
another menu with a get add-ons button, and will show you what you have now
along with the enabled/disabled status if its switchable.  And they are all
checked at startup to see if they are the latest versions, if not you have
the option of installing the latest right then and there, before FF even
opens its main window.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)