When I open my computer, the 'active window bar' at the top of a window does not install.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 3 05:43:56 UTC 2009

> To be honest, it sounds like startkde is corrupted somehow.  Make a new
> user and log in to KDE.  Does it have the same problem?
As far as the Titlebar is concerned, the other User does not have the same
problem.  I checked the problem in partitioning and it remains a problem for
the other user.
> If so, you might want to manually force a reinstall of some KDE packages.
I like the sound of it, but don't have the foggiest idea how to do that.  I am
not experienced in using the Konsole and code.
> If not, try  log out of KDE, go to a virtual terminal
I neither know how to make a virtual terminal nor how to use it.  I would love
it, but I am slow to learn the more critical beginning stuff, and haven't
taken time to learn how to do that.  Reading ahead, I think I need help on
what I have done before I continue.  Thanks so much for the help.

Steven