No subject

Jonas Norlander jonorland at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 10:06:42 UTC 2009

2009/1/2 Constantinos Maltezos <pandarsson at yahoo.com>:
> On Friday 02 January 2009 2:51:15 am heidi.kumpumaki at dnainternet.net wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I am a new user of Kubuntu, newest version. It works fine
>> but screen frozes after 15-30 min of using.
>> Can anyone help me with this? Please, tell me all because
>> I don't know about Linux so much.
>
> It sounds like either your hard disk or memory is bad.  To check your hard
> disk (for a moment there, I typed something other than disk - glad I caught
> it), check the man page for fsck on how to run it to check for bad sectors.
> For your memory, look on the net for memtest86, burn it to CD and boot off of
> it.

There is an option to run memtest86 in the boot menu, no need burn it
to a CD. But you need to boot from a CD to be able to run fsck on your
root partition as it can not run on a mounted partition. You can use
your Kubuntu CD to boot from and run fsck and i think there is an
option fro memtest on the CD to.

/ Jonas