Ktorrent xpert needed.

Eberhard Roloff tuxebi at gmx.de
Thu Feb 26 22:08:04 GMT 2009

Steven Vollom wrote:

> I don't even know if what I have chosen to do makes any difference, I do know
> that it works for me, and satisfies the logic of my thoughts.
>
> Steven

Hi Steven,

And THIS IS LINUX! You can and should do with it what YOU decide to do.
And there is nothing wrong to choose a mountpoint inside /media,
although this is kind of unusual. Even if it is unusual, I do not
understand why some people seem to be offended by your choice. Come on,
these are mountpoints, nothing more and they will not get into conflict
with /media automatically provicing services for removable disks, as
long as you will not use conflicting labels/directory names.

If this is what suits you best, then simply go for it and it will work,
if you will do it correctly. ;-))

In any case, I would either stay with one OS version, which I think is
best or, if you decide to change versions, then you should at least take
steps to ensure that your data disk systematics are handled identically
between those two systems.

Again imho staying with one Ubuntu version, using just this one and
optimising just one will be better, but if you choose different, Linux
will be with you.

Kind regards
Eberhard