OT: Adding "kubuntu-users mailing list" to a search box

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu
Fri Feb 27 22:14:32 UTC 2009

Nigel Ridley wrote:
>> As I don't use FF I cannot give you the exact answer but this should help
>> you!

What does it have to do with Firefox?

> After typing 'wireless' into the search box I get:
> http://www.google.com/search?q=wireless

Nigel, it's not very efficient if you just guess and copy other people's
code without understanding.  HTML forms are well worth learning.  I
suggest you go through a tutorial, such as
http://www.htmlgoodies.com/tutorials/forms/article.php/3479121 .
Anyway, what you want is:

<form
   action="http://www.google.com/search"
   method="get" id="google_general">
    <input type="hidden" name="sitesearch"
value="lists.ubuntu.com/archives/kubuntu-users/"/>
    <input type="text"   name="q" size="31" maxlength="256"
id="google_general-input" />
    <input type="submit" value="Search" />
</form>

Matt Flaschen