Trouble Install Kubuntu 8.10 64bit with GeForce 8600 GTS Card

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 28 05:20:38 UTC 2009

Dear Brian,

Is there on board Video on your motherboard.  If so, remove the Video Card and
try the on board video.  Ibex has some tricks that help solve 64 bit problems,
but if you can't get to it, it can't help you.

If you can get your on board video to work relatively stably and get Ibex
installed and some of the usual bugs ironed out, you then can install the
video card with BIOS fixes in your possession.  That is what I intended to do
in the first place with this installation.

My problems intensified with the installation of the Gforce card.  Things are
improving fast here without the video card problem.  And I have BIOS revisions
available, so I may be able to solve my card problems soon.  If an upgraded
BIOS solves my problem, you can be sure I will let you know.  I hope this
helps.

Steven