Warning: Some characters will be lost. - Kmail

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 22:13:21 GMT 2009

Steven Vollom said the following at 02/24/2009 01:17 PM :
> On Tuesday 24 February 2009 11:43:28 Glenn R Williams wrote:
>> understand
> Mine had 'us-ascii' first too.  I moved 'utf8' up to the first position.  I
> guess if it works, I won't see the warning again.  I am forgetful and might
> not notice, so I will thank you now.  If the problem is solved and I don't
> notice, at least I will have thanked you friend.

I don't use kmail, but using utf-8 should definitely fix your problem.

I can't imagine why they seem to set us-ascii as the default; there are far
too many characters (as you have discovered) that don't exist in the ASCII
character set.

Anyway, UTF-8 should cover any character you can think of without giving
you that error message.

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR