8.10 Updates?

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 19:45:39 GMT 2009

Clay Weber said the following at 02/24/2009 11:47 AM :
> On Tuesday 24 February 2009 1:27:09 pm D. R. Evans wrote:
>> For more details, see 49A2C85D.9010101 at gmail.com.
> that just opens as an email addy for me :)

Sorry; I don't understand "addy". I even looked it up in my OED, and it
wasn't listed.

Anyway, that's just a Message-ID. You should be able to find the e-mail by
searching for it in your archives of the reflector (if you keep old
messages for a day or two).

> It's not Canonical folk - most bug triagers are simply volunteers and users,
> not employees. Now that doesn't make it right not to explain why. If you go to
> the launchpad bug page, and look for the "activity log'  link up near the top
> right side of the page, you will see who made the change to 'invalid'. I don't
> recognize the person, but you can easily go to his launchpad page and emal
> him directly from there if  you wish.

OK; I'll try that. And (obviously) I assumed that bug reports were handled
by Canonical; thanks for correcting that misapprehension.

>> FYI, the bug was filed at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/332750.
>>   Doc
> Have you tried installing the libexiv package alone? Mine here in Intrepid -
> with backports - is the correct (newer) version

That's the whole trouble. kdeplasma-addons depends on libkexiv2-7... and
libkexiv2-7 does not appear to be in the 64-bit packages in backports.
Hence kdeplasma-addons won't install. The e-mail I referenced above has the
details (if you don't keep copies of mails to the reflector, I'll e-mail
you a private copy; but I only posted it yesterday so I would imagine that
you do have a copy).

Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR