OT Both my HDD's going bad at same time.

Martin Laberge mlsoft at videotron.ca
Wed Feb 25 00:08:32 UTC 2009

On Friday 20 February 2009 19:51:06 Steven Vollom wrote:
> There is an offer on Ebay for either a Maxtor or Seagate Exterior HD for $70.
> I can't afford to lose my data,  Since I have never found a HDD that advertised
> the ability to handle Ext3, I am in a dilemma what to purchase.
>
> This is what they say in the ad.
>
> System Requirements:
> Windows 98SE/2000/ME/2003/XP/VISTA
> MAC OS 8.6 or above  (*note - must format drive to FAT32 or MAC compatible
> format to function properly
>
> This is a re-certified drive with a 1 year warranty.  Does anyone know that
> this drive would work with ext3 file system?  I keep hearing that Linux is
> compatible with most everything.  I need a HDD that will work well with
> Intrepid KDE4.2 OS.  I am shot of money now, so it this one will work it seems
> like a good.
>
> Steven

When 2 hard-disks go bad at the sime time, in the same machine,
there is a good probability of this:

1 - The power supply is faulty.
2 - the main board is wrongly configured, or fine-tuned recently.
3 - Unprobably your 2 disks choosed the same time to become bad.

As the Moores-Law says. your 2 disks can be bad.
As the Nose-Law says. your 2 disks are probably NOT bad at the same time.

--
Martin Laberge
mlsoft at videotron.ca
Tel:(418)521-6823
30 Years of Unix Admin, and still learning...