Xorg is using 88% of my memory

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 21 04:03:43 UTC 2009

> Is there any possibility, that your dying hard drive is making your box
> slow?
I am just not smart enough to know.  I had someone tell me that he didn't
think it possible for a hard drive to make the sound I am hearing and is
almost 99% sure it is a fan going out.  The fact that I am still able to get,
save and move information says to him that my problem is not hard drive.  He
used better words that were convincing.  Right now the sound is not happening.
It is confusing to say the least.

I just checked and the fan is spinning and quiet, so if it is the fan that is
a problem it is quiet for the moment.  It looks like I will learn a lot from
this problem.

Steven