Dual boot?

Norberto Bensa nbensa at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 03:14:44 GMT 2009

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 12:06 AM, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net> wrote:
> title Kubuntu-8.10
>        root (hd1,0)
>        chainloader+1
>        boot

Well. Nope. I'm sorry. I assumed you wanted to dual boot with some
other operating system. One starting with W :-)

First. The booteable/active flag is only meaningful for Windows. It
needs that flag in order to know which one is the partition holding
its boot loader (io.sys+msdos.sys, ntdetect.com, etc.) Doesn't make
any difference under Grub/Linux. The BIOS is stupid and it just looks
for an MBR on the first hd (you define which one is the first using
your BIOS boot priority menu)