4.2 seems to be missing lots of stuff

claydoh at midmaine.com claydoh at midmaine.com
Tue Feb 10 00:35:35 UTC 2009

Original Message:
-----------------
From: D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 16:20:41 -0700
To: kubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: Re: 4.2 seems to be missing lots of stuff

Willy Hamra said the following at 02/09/2009 03:39 PM :

> uhm.. KDE 4.2 IS released! it's final, no?

I should have said "unsupported". I'm sorry.

  Doc

--
For 8.10, KDE4.2 is a non-supported update.

My suspicion is that there is a conflict or something with the plasmoids
and their configs between 4.1.x and 4.2, as the api for plasma did change
between the 2 versions.

In will look into it later, as I have a fresh 8.10 install not yet updated
to 4.2. I am at work 9and thus away from my Kubuntu boxen), but I think the
file may be ~/.kde/share/config/plasmarc or similar. Deleting the correct
file will fix that, but you will have to reconfig all your other plasmoids
iirc

If I find this to be the case, I will have them update the instructions on
kubuntu.org with how to fix this problem

Clay Weber

http://link.mail2web.com/mail2web