Is it possible to transfer data directly from one user to another user's desktop?

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 2 11:15:53 UTC 2009

> But we need a bit more info on exactly what you want, to be able to
> help.
I have two desktops for myself.  I use KDE  3.5.10.  I just bailed myself out,
with the help of the List, just because I have another way to enter my
computer.  Nonetheless, when one is broken and I have to use the other
desktop, I would like to be able to transfer information from one to the
other, to be able to complete whatever I was working on when the break
happened.  I suppose I won't always need the security blanket, but for now,
it would be nice.

> By transfer, do you mean move or copy?

Mostly copy, however, moving data would be good too.

> What email client is the source user and the destination user using
> respectively?

I use two, kmail and thunderbird, they are backup for eachother.  I actually
have come to prefer kmail, however, some features of thunderbird are sure
nice.
> (I assume both users use kaddressbook.

kaddressbook is for kmail, however the title bar on Thunderbird say just
Address Book.
> If not, please tell us what
> address books the two users are using.)

One user is Shabakthanai the other is steven

> Do you want the source user's address book to replace the destination
> user's address book all together, or do you want to add the contents
> of the source user's address book to the destination user's address
> book?

If there is a way for them both to contain the selfsame addresses,that would
be best.

> Do you want the source user's emails to replace the destination user's
> emails, or do you want to add the source user's emails to the
> destination user's emails?

If able, I would like them to be the same, each updated to include the
other's.

And best regards to you too, my new friend.

Steven