Is it possible to transfer data directly from one user to another user's desktop?

Johnny Ernst Nielsen j_e_n_pub at yahoo.dk
Mon Feb 2 10:03:25 UTC 2009

Greetings Steven :o)

mandag den 2. Februar 2009 kvad Steven:
> I would like to be able to transfer some documents from one user to
> another user desktop.
> Additionally, addressbook entries and saved emails.
> Is it possible?

Yes.

But we need a bit more info on exactly what you want, to be able to
help.

Are you using KDE3 or KDE4?
I'm still at KDE3 and I don't know the differences to KDE4, but some
general questions needs to be answered in either case.

By transfer, do you mean move or copy?
What email client is the source user and the destination user using
respectively?
(I assume both users use kaddressbook. If not, please tell us what
address books the two users are using.)
Do you want the source user's address book to replace the destination
user's address book all together, or do you want to add the contents
of the source user's address book to the destination user's address
book?
Do you want the source user's emails to replace the destination user's
emails, or do you want to add the source user's emails to the
destination user's emails?

Best regards :o)

Johnny :o)