No Krunner for USB keyboard

Reinhold Rumberger rrumberger at web.de
Wed Dec 23 23:05:48 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 23 December 2009, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > Make sure your client is set to forward key combinations like
> > this to the server.
>
> The client no longer exists!
>
> > BTW, I think you will find that Ctrl+Alt+Delete doesn't
> > work either.
>
> It still pops up the logoff options.

OK, just to make sure: you're on the Dell, not using VNC to remote
control it? What happens if you kill the VNC server? Does that fix
the problem?

> > What does Alt+F4 do?
>
> Closed Firefox you jerk!

:-D

> I'm kidding, I know what Alt-F4 does and I just tested in a Kate
> window. You are right, Alt-F4 from the USB keyboard does not close
> applications. On the laptop's builtin keyboard it still does. Note
> that this did work until either yesterday or toady.

OK, I'm a bit at a loss here. Have you tried re-plugging the
keyboard? Closing the X-session and re-logging in? Change to a
virtual terminal (e.g. Ctrl-Alt-F2) and use the USB keyboard to get
back (Alt-F7)? Does an on-screen keyboard work?

  --Reinhold