Reinstalling GRUB in Karmic

Mario Andes multilingus at gmx.de
Wed Dec 23 22:18:19 UTC 2009

Hi Samuel,
you may open a terminal and install grub with apt-get.
I installed Karmic Koala yesterday on a thinkpad (64bit) with
windows XP to make it a dual boot system and  grub was installed
automatically.
The problem may be windows 7. You need a standard mbr for a dual boot
system. Normally installing Karmic should do this for you!
I would install Karmic another time to achieve this.
in Ubuntuforums.org you can find an article about grub2 and how to resolve
problems

mario.

--
Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http/www.opera.com/mail/