How does one get a Thumbs.db file on an all Linux box?

Jerry Lapham rjlapham at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 05:29:13 UTC 2009

A Thumbs.db file just appeared on my data partition.  Properties shows the type
as OLE2 compound document storage.  Size is 6.0 KlB and Modified 10/06/09
although I never saw it until today.  Ownership is nobody, nogroup.

I understand that a Thumbs.db file is used by Internet Explorer on XP and older
Windows boxes to store thumbnails, but this box has never had any version of
Windows on it.  This is Kubuntu 9.10 and I do have Wine installed but I've
never used the IE emulation.

Any ideas?

	-Jerry
Jerry Lapham