Bugs and irritations

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 07:12:20 UTC 2009

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 1:34 AM, Christopher Chan
<christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk> wrote:

>>> Thinking I should've stuck with 8.04 now.
>>
>> I did that but it has not come to the point that I really need to
>> upgrade because to much is old and broken. The internet moved on but
>> 8.04 has not because all the moving is happening in the kde 4 packages
>> now. I have moved to 9.10 but not because it is great yet but because
>> it is good enough now.
>>

> Which is why the current way LTS releases are 'maintained' is a bit of a
> farce. I can understand not touching stuff like glibc, qt libraries but
> OpenOffice? You can also package things in such a way as to have two
> versions of OpenOffice and many others installed side by side just like
> you can get Office 2003 and Office 2007 installed side by side.

I would strongly agree with you but in this case it is often a program
written with kde 3 libs not being programmed or changed in years VS
the same program but updated and maintained but for KDE 4. My
understanding is that KDE 3 and KDE 4 can not be run on the same
machine, at least not with ease.
--
Douglas E Knapp

Open Source Sci-Fi mmoRPG Game project.