Bugs and irritations

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Fri Dec 11 00:34:17 UTC 2009

>> Thinking I should've stuck with 8.04 now.
>
> I did that but it has not come to the point that I really need to
> upgrade because to much is old and broken. The internet moved on but
> 8.04 has not because all the moving is happening in the kde 4 packages
> now. I have moved to 9.10 but not because it is great yet but because
> it is good enough now.

Which is why the current way LTS releases are 'maintained' is a bit of a
farce. I can understand not touching stuff like glibc, qt libraries but
OpenOffice? You can also package things in such a way as to have two
versions of OpenOffice and many others installed side by side just like
you can get Office 2003 and Office 2007 installed side by side.