Adventures in Kubuntu: A testimonial

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 20:14:26 UTC 2009

> I always thought that you were one of us and not one of 'them'. When did
> you join their circle?

Please excuse the question, but who are "we" and who are "them"? And
why am I suddenly hearing Pink Floyd?

> But seriously, sound was a bit of a hack in Intrepid with KDE4. I would,
> from time to time, have to kill pulseaudio and start it to get sound
> working again.

Sound in Linux has always been a headache. There is much hope that
PulseAudio will be the final hurdle to decent sound. Alsa is still
available, as is Jack if you need it.

> At the moment, things are looking good with Jaunty but I rather give
> Nexenta or rather StormOS a shot and compile KDE there than upgrade to
> Karmic at the moment.

Please do, and blog about it on Blogger, that sounds interesting. If
you get a /. link then I will certainly read about it there. Thanks.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il