Unable to print in Karmic

Mark Greenwood fatgerman at ntlworld.com
Tue Dec 1 14:15:30 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 01 Dec 2009 02:53:48 Reinhold Rumberger wrote:
> <top-posting since I'm not answering any specific parts of the OP>
>
> Have you already seen:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cups/+bug/427653
>
> Not a solution, but you may want to watch that report, as one may
> crop up at any time.
>
>   --Reinhold

Thanks. Turned out it was just me, my printer had run out of ink! The old version of the driver used to have an ink monitor, but that seems to disappeared in Karmic. I didn't know that the printer would simply refuse to print if one of the cartridges was low.. it was only the gloss enhancer and I wasn't even using it!

Mark